Maintenance-free and environmentally stable.
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is one of the most commonly used plastics and it is typically found in milk jugs, plastic bags and refillable plastic bottles. HDPE plastic has several properties that make it ideal as a manufacturing product. It’s strong, resists insects, rot and other chemicals. HDPE creates no harmful emissions during its production or during its use by the consumer. Also, HDPE leaks no toxic chemicals into the soil or water.
All our furniture is made from all weather marine grade recycled HDPE. The recycled plastic is melted, treated with a UV protector and coloured so that the colour extends right through the product. Then it is extruded slowly and painstakingly into an extremely high grade all-weather marine grade HDPE that’s 99% UV stable.
This meticulous process ensures that the product is really exceptionally strong without the bubbles or imperfections that can prove to be weak spots in some recycled plastics. The frames are non-porous and resistant to moisture, fading, insects, splinting and warping, so it is essentially a maintenance-free product.
Customers concerned about the environment can feel confident they have made a good decision by purchasing our products. Unlike other types of resin and polymers, HDPE is the most environmentally stable, giving off no harmful fumes.
Our products are designed to hold up to all kinds of adverse weather conditions for decades. And when they are finally ready to be replaced, the materials can be recycled again into new useful products.
Here is how the whole recycling cycle works:
How to clean:
All our furniture might need a quick clean-up here and there throughout the season .
- Make a mixture of mild soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt and debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly in order to avoid any soap and bleach residue to remain on the material.
Important: Do not use a high pressure cleaner. The strong water jet influences the closed structure of the material, making it easier for dirt to adhere to the material.
All hardware that is use has a high level of corrosive resistance. Nevertheless it can at a certain moment show some sign of corrosion in salt air environments. When so, this will be in the form of a gold -beige gloss on the head of the screw. Below are a few tips to help keep your hardware looking great:
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Apply soap mixture to hardware with a soft bristle brush, scrubbing the corroding areas of the hardware.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Sometimes the conditions on the coast can be extreme due to a combination of salt water, wind, cold, etc.. If you want to apply extra protection, you can apply a touch up paint matching the color of your chair (available at your local hardware store).